Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

New project - a little bear

 

I was a bit undecided (what an understatement), what i want to do next….

So i pulled out all my furs and mohair and looked at them.

Nothing really spoke to me … so i tuck them away again and went watching TV.
All the time i was thinking, what to do - what to do … and was thinking about felting a few test heads to practice, or a few eyes - also to practice.

Then i went to my working table again after TV, and i still didn’t really make up my mind.
So again - i pulled out my box with mohair and furs for minis ….

And this is what i choose in the end :

001

It is really soft and silky - made of micro fibre.
The bear might be a little bit above 10 cm …. smaller i would like to do … but i can’t - they look terrible when i make them.
Which is a shame, because a little bit smaller, and i could make 2 out of such a little plate :D

002

The little dashes on the bottom of the legs and around the nose, are a help for me to line up better, all 2 mm a dash.
And please don’t laugh at me for drawing the sewing line AND the cutting line … my guessing is really bad when it comes to this, and i don’t want to end up with 1mm seam allowance at the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment