Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

new bear coming along nice

 

last night i cut the pieces before i went to bed.

003

today i did the sewing.
The first pictures shows how i use the running stitch to hold the sole in the leg in place without using pins. Then i just sew it into place.

004005006

The same Principe i do with the muzzle too.
I make a holding stitch in the middle of the muzzle, and 1 on each corner where the eyes will be.
Then i do the running stitch around the nose, to hold it all in place.
After this i pin the gusset slightly into place, and start on one side of the neck, sewing right around to the other side of the neck.

But i didn't take any picture of this, you wouldn't see a thing with the yellowish yarn on the yellowish mohair.

This here is the whole parts sewn together.
I did some slight stuffing on the head, used position eyes and cut the hair on the top of the muzzle.
I made the whole nose wet, to get the curls out of the hair, need to let it try till tomorrow.
Hope i get the head in a good shape.

007

Might be a bit of a problem, because - as usually - i didn't underline the fabric and it is stretchy, so i can’t stuff the head to hard.
AND i am not so good in scissor sculpting :/
AND my scissors are not all to sharp anymore !

008009

1 comment:

  1. Hola guapa,
    que maravilla de trabajo !!!
    me quedo siempre enamorada....
    miles besitos.

    ReplyDelete