Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Worked the first 5 hours

 

Yesterday i started to work on a new bear.

I started off with the paper work, overworking the pattern of Phillip, i changed the head, made it slightly larger, a bit longer from the side, and widened the gusset.
Then i worked on the body a bit, shortened the neck and the front paws got a little change, made them a tiny bit more square then so round on the toe part.

I also made the arms and legs a tiny bit wider at shoulders and hips, the last time the space for the discs was very thigh.

Then i got me some lovely faux fur from my closet and cut the pieces.
What do you think, doesn’t it look just sooo cuddly already ? :D

001

I also cut the pieces for the paws and soles

003

and then i did my running stitch all around the sewing lines.
and because the fur is stretching a bit (more then i like) i tried the first time to cover head and paws with diluted clue.

Today it’s really hard and no more stretching. But when i roll it between my hands, it gets softer again, and for sure it starts to get stretchy again too …
Well i will see how it works out when it is all done.

002

I guess today i will spend all day cutting the hair from the seam allowance and tack the seam allowance from the paw pads inside.

See you again tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment