Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

4 hours today

 

Last night was a sleepless one again, but i didn’t use it to work on my bear, was to tired for it :(

That is the reason why i was sleeping long today, and didn’t work so long on the little one.

I did the preparations for the sewing of the last parts yesterday already, so today i “just” had to sew the arms, and the food pads, this took me a few minutes less then 2 hours.

You can see, i make even spaced markings on the paw pads and the legs, so i can easily pin them in place and sew without taking further attention about sewing right :)

040041

042043

044

The next step is to cut off corner, cut into angles and around curves.
As it was just the 4 parts it went father fast, just half an hour.

045046

047048

Then the turning of the pieces, i do it quite brutal with a plies

049050

051052

Then go in the inside around the seams, so they are all really apart, and give the pieces a good brushing and shaking. This is really fast, takes just 15 minutes

054

Notice how the final footpad is smaller then the one from the pattern.
I then draw a quick outline from footpad, length of the leg, the arm and the back and head shape.

Then i draw quite a bit smaller then this shapes the line which i take as pattern for the wirering and the spine.

056057

058

This took me an other hour.

But today it is late, and i am tired and don’t work any more tonight … see you tomorrow with covering the wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment