Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Monday, February 27, 2012

1 hour and 6 hours … we getting closer

 

This is what i did Sunday
I covered the wires and the spine in soft batting (years ago i wanted to make me a jacked out of this material, but never got further then cut the pieces out)

And then i took some 2 component clue and fixed the bolt to a disc and the wire.
Keep on watching this postings, and you find out why i do this :D

059060

Today, Monday, i worked 6 hours
I placed the wire into the arms, legs and body.
Sewed the spine to the fur, you can see the black thread going zick zack over the silver ?
That's how i attached it … one side, 1 stitch, other side, next stitch….
You can also see, i opened the neck seam again, so it was easier to stitch the spine in place.

061

Then i remembered, oooops there are still the paw pads to fill …
Looked closer, and found something, which should not go unnoticed.
Some hair caught in the seam … so i spend quite some time to pull them carefully out again.

062

This is my tool i use for tiny openings - a knitting needle with some dents :)
It is perfect to catch some small amounts of filling

063064

Then i started the filling … Little tip on the side, do it BEFORE you put the wiring inside :D
I started with wire and stuffing the arms already before i stuffed the pads, and had to take it all out again.

can you see how nice round it get ?
But if you do this … do yourself a favour, and fill the top pads and close the seam, BEFORE you fill the lower pads :D makes it a lot easier to sew.
But anyhow, you fill all 8 pads, close all the little openings.

065066

And than, finally, i had all pads filled and closed, wire in arms and legs, stuffed them all,
closed the neck seam again and stuffed the head.

Then i attached some test eyes and cut the hair from the face.

067068

Tomorrow i will work on the toes.

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you have taken what you learned from me and made it your own. You now do it your own way. You have done exactly what I was hoping others would do.
    I love what you are doing, and now I am learning from you. We have come full circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry mistyped a word, may i know how you sew the spine to the body?
    great bear making journal!

    ReplyDelete