Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A leg with wire and pellets, ready to felt on it


Yesterday i started with the sewing of the leg.
I told you i had an idea about making it possible to felt on the sole without breaking my needles on the wiring or pellets inside it.

I sewed the front and a tiny bit of the back seam, and put the pad in it.


I make the marks you can see here to make it easier to fit the paw inside, a mark all 10mm on the top part and the paw pad, and I just need to line them up and sew without further thinking.


Here you can see the sewing from the outside, before and after the brushing, no hair in the sewing line which i would need to painfully pull out.


The sole is not in perfect form when it is empty, i hate this look :D
And the whole thing looks like a moonboot, at least that was the name of them in Austria and Germany. what was the name of them in your country ?

Then i took a padding i had from a age-old project and cut the “shoe parts” out of them.


Sewn them together


And then i felted a bit wool into the size of the paw. Made 2 layers to keep it thick.


Then the whole thing came into the “shoe” and was sewn into it.


I still was able to fit a finger into it …. thought that’s ok, and made a little bag of a slippery material for the glass pellets.


The filled bag was soooo hard to put into the shoe, i had to put it on a string and pull it inside


After the first test i had to take it out again, to put in the wire.
The wire also got a shape like the paw-pattern inside of the shoe – forgot to make a picture.


And then the hardest part – fitting it inside the sewn leg …. The back side seam was just little, but it still was to much to let me fit the filled shoe inside, so i had to take it apart again.


But it went in finally, and i sewed the back seam from the outside close again.
Not all the way, because i still need to put stuffing around the wire and a disk into the top.
But the leg stands nice so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment