Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

shopping fun

shopping is fun :D
other ladies go and buy shoes, i go and buy spindles
actually i was just wanting a jenkins …. so i went to ravelry and had a look if someone sells one
nope - but i found this little pretty one …

and then i though … well the one i got, from https://www.etsy.com/shop/BuckeyeSpindles is fantastic, some more of them is a good thing too

there comes more - much much more ….

so i wrote them a mail, asking if they could make me one, and got the above link to their shop - which is alllllllllllllways empty *lol*
but you can look into the sold section, and can see what fantastic spindles they make
and i wrote them my favorite 7 woods, and left them to them, which one to choose for me.
BUT - Dana (he says he got carried away) made 5, which i was supposed to choose 1 *sigh*
now you know thats impossible righ ? *lol*
and after a while i desided to get me the 3 with arrows pointing

and after some more thinking, i told them i want all :D

Desert Ironwood, walnut shaft 31.3 grams.

Tulipwood, Bloodwood shaft 30.0 grams

Kingwood, Katalox shaft 30.8 grams

Big Leaf Maple Burl dyed and stabilized, Ziricote shaft 29.4 grams

Lilac, East Indian Rosewood shaft 25.9 grams

and then i get this spindle too from scott snyder - here his shop : https://www.etsy.com/shop/SnyderSpindles?ref=l2-shop-info-name
sadly i forgot to save the picture - here the description, copy and paste

The "Reekalf" (Dutch for fawn) Turkish spindle weighs 1.1 oz (30gm)
Handmade from Lacewood ( Leopard wood) with a Maple shaft
the arms measure 3.5" and the shaft is 6" long
the shafts have a small finial to hold the half hitch.
*** Now with a thinner 1/4" diameter shaft.***

No comments:

Post a Comment