Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Playing with ojos de dios

 

A couple of days ago i have seen a wonderful mandala.
Searching around and googling and youtubing i found out what it was.

OJOS DE DIOS !!! :D

here you can see more of these beautiful mandalas : http://www.ojos-de-dios.com/

There are also quite a few artists from Russia who make them.

I ordered Monday they instructions from jay, and i played a bit …. here the first tries

Because i had just barbeque sticks, i tried with them
and because the baby wool i had, was to elastic, i got out my cotton yarn

001002

Just a tip … don't waste your time with barbeque sticks … they are to thin and break

003

So i went today and got me some bamboo sticks
Marked them as suggested in the instructions and started off with the centres
can you see how messy the middle is ?

004005

006007

and then, when i tried to fix them together …
SCREAM !!!

008

Me was ANGRY !

but i found out how to make a nicer looking middle and then i did a 4 sided one

010

it is not yet perfect, it is really not easy to wind the thread even around the sticks
But i like the first one :D

1 comment: