Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

The first tests with pulled toes

yesterday and last night (yea again a sleepless night) i was working on a arm and a leg.
Sadly i was reading at Joanne Livingston`s blog AFTER i sewn the first patches on … oh well :D
But, i think i am on the right track.
Using my loved cheap faux fur I made a arm - the picture doesn’t really show the failure. the toes pads are to small … but i got a second arm to make, so nothing lost yet.
020
The leg is not so bad… it does look like it is not flat enough, but this might be because the hair are so thick.
023024
and i do like the toes, even when i didn’t do them right :D
They are about 3mm around smaller then the foot sole, so they are to small.
Again, i got an other foot to do, so nothing really lost.
021022
i got the body and head cut out already, just some sewing to be done … “just” :D
so either later today, or maybe tomorrow i show some more pictures
Depending when i hit bed….

2 comments:

  1. Your toes look perfect. I would not worry about them being slightly small than the pads. I can not even see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, you say your feet are not flat enough. When I do the sculpting in the foot pad, I bring the needle up far back in the top of the foot. When you go back down and bring it up again it will flatten out the top of the foot. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete