Image

Image

Wellcome to my blog

My name is Martina Staniek, and I make OOAK (One Of A Kind) Teddy Bears and other soft sculptures.
I also knit and crochet - i always on the search for those very diffrent and fantastic pattern.
Last year i learned to Spin, and now i also create wonderfull and unique yarn.

I would like to introduce to you my creations and keep you updated with other happenings which are important to me.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Friday, December 2, 2011

The wolf isn’t a wolf anymore

 

Hey hey hey … i finished it ! :D

I decided the face looks best without ears, and so it is now : Drucilla !

If you missed the post about her, you find it HERE

011a

I was so concentrating when i assembled her, i totally forgot to take pictures of the torture.
First the arms were to high – again ….. and i moved them about 1 cm lower.

Fitting the legs at about the same side on both sides …. with this fluff of hair ….
it was nearly impossible.

So i took an about spot on both sides, took the middle of them, and placed the legs, still open. Stuffed the body and had a good look … and it wasn’t to bad, just about 5mm higher i had to go. So i removed them, set the new spot, cut the hair, sewed the legs closed and mounted them :D

Stuffing with sheep wool in body and limbs was a first for me and i am not so sure if i like it.

In the end, i must say, such fluffy long hair are not easy to work with, I DO like the look of long fluffy fur.
I do like felted faces, i think even more then scissor sculpted ones.
I do like the creatures to be fantasy like.

All in all i am quite happy with the outcome of Drucilla and after a short break with thinking about what i want to do next, i will produce something new soon …. so stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment